NJDOE Statewide Equity Conference
Date(s) & Time(s)
July 31, 2019 ~ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Office of Professional Learning cordially invites you to join us for the New Jersey Department of Education's Statewide Conference: Equity for All. The conference will be on July 31, 2019, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (with registration beginning at 7:00 a.m.) at The College of New Jersey in Ewing. The conference is designed to highlight educational expertise from across the state, while providing a space to share best practices designed to strengthen teaching, leading and learning through the lens of equity for all in education.
The Department encourages districts to send teams of three to five educators to attend the conference. Highlights of the day will include:
1. A keynote delivered by renowned equity expert, Dr. Tyrone Howard of the University of California, Los Angeles
2. An address by Education Commissioner Lamont O. Repollet
3. Over 45 distinct interactive, professional-learning sessions delivered by educators currently practicing in New Jersey
4. Educator panel sessions in which accomplished educators share their expertise on current issues in P-12 education
5. EdCamp and other interactive educational sessions led by many of New Jersey's most accomplished, honored educators
6. Numerous activities including many of the most visible, leading voices in education from across the state
7. A TED-Ed Masterclass plenary session
As space is limited, early registration is encouraged, as the event may fill quickly. Once the event reaches capacity, the Department will take names for a waiting list. Unfortunately, walk-ins on the day of the conference cannot be accommodated.
If you have any questions, please contact us at StatewideConference@doe.nj.gov. We look forward to seeing you on July 31.
The College of New Jersey
2000 Pennington Road
P.O. Box 7718
Ewing, NJ 08628-0718
Click Here for Directions
100 River view Plaza
Trenton, NJ 08625