Collaborative Federal Monitoring
Welcome to the Collaborative Federal Monitoring Folder!
The Office of Fiscal Accountability and Compliance, in collaboration with various program offices, will be performing virtual, intensive monitoring of your school district or charter school for the 2021-2022 school year*.
State education agencies, such as the New Jersey Department of Education, must monitor the implementation of federal programs by subrecipients in accordance with various federal laws including, but not limited to:
- The Elementary and Secondary Education Act, as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, as amended by ESSA
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- The Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act
The primary purpose of monitoring is to determine whether the funds are being used by local education agencies (LEAs) for their intended purposes and to achieve the overall objectives of the funding initiatives. LEAs selected for the types of monitoring shown are required to upload documents via the CFM Repository for examination:
- Collaborative Federal Monitoring (encompasses several federal awards)
- Education of Homeless Children and Youth (EHCY) program**
This folder enables users to download documents to facilitate communication with appropriate personnel and to upload documents/records required for examination.
We look forward to working with you!
**The applicable dropdown category begins with EHCY.
Districts without an account for this application must contact their district's Homeroom Administrator to establish an account.